Testing and Commissioning
JMDR is an industry leader in the whole life management of Maintenance, Construction, Testing and Commissioning activities across the rail networks of Australia and international rail operators. We have the skills and experience to deliver signalling projects of all sizes and complexities from concept to completion and provide maintenance coverage for all forms of signalling systems.
JMDR brings a wealth of experience and knowledge in all Testing and Commissioning activities. Our ability to overcome obstacles to ensure a successful completion makes us the company of choice for many suppliers.
JMDR's in-house Construction, Testing and Commissioning team comprise of a broad cross-section of Signal Engineering and Construction staff, licensed and accredited by rail operators and infrastructure companies. Staff are recognised as the best in the industry who have worked on various major projects within Australia, New Zealand, India and UK. We can also call upon additional external contractors from the industry as and when required.
JMDR's approach to the Test and Commissioning is to ensure the following is achieved by:
- A seamless transition between the Construction and the Testing and Commissioning phases
- Close working relationships with the client and major stakeholders on the projects (Design/Civil/OHW/Control Systems/DIT)
- Ensuring all Testing and Commissioning activities are compliant with the relevant T&C standards & procedures and tested to the highest safety levels
Recent projects successfully managed (Test and Commissioning) by JMDR include:
- Hornsby Junction Remodelling Project in conjunction with Novo Rail
- Parramatta Turnback in conjunction with Novo Rail
- Track Access Projects at Homebush, Harris Park, Toongabbie, Panania in conjunction with Downer
- Substation Commissioning at Minto, Ingleburn and Guildford in conjunction with Downer
- Multiple Sydney Trains MSA Signalling Packages
- Sydney Yard Access Bridge in conjunction with Laing O’Rourke
- Wickham Transport Interchange Commissioning
- Mt Pleasant Coal Loop in conjunction with BGC Contracting
Projects Currently being undertaken:
- MTMS South in conjunction with Laing O’Rourke (Construction, Testing & Commissioning)
- Waratah to Sandgate Resignalling (Construction, Testing & Commissioning)
- Sydney Trains MSA Projects
- Sydney Metro South
JMDR also undertakes signal support for many companies throughout Australia where a signalling interface is needed. Our signal support teams work tirelessly in conjunction with our clients to undertake remedial and upgrade works during planned possessions to ensure the rail networks we are working on are maintained to the highest level possible and to ensure the public can travel safely.