Basic Signalling Principles
This training course aims to equip you with the required knowledge to be able to explain the purpose of the signalling system, its history and the key elements that make up the NSW Sydney Trains railway signalling system.
At the end of this course participants should be able to:
- Explain the NSW rail industry structure
- Define the purpose of a signalling system
- Explain the evolution of the railway system
- Identify how some accidents have influenced Signalling and Control Systems
- Explain the architectures used for signalling and control systems in Sydney Trains
- Describe the five key elements of the signalling system
- Define the terms failsafe and safeworking
- State the different safeworking systems in use in Sydney Trains
Course Duration: 1 day
Delivery Method: Face to Face
Cost: $495 + GST
Location: JMDR Training Centre, Level 3, 263 Clarence St, Sydney, 2000.
Assessment Method: Written Assessment
Upon sucessful completion of this course all candidates will recieve a JMDR Statement of Completion. This certificate is recognised by the TfNSW realm. Candidates who complete the course but do not pass the written assessment will be issued a statement of attendance.